
Today I've been seeing an influx of new readers thanks to an article by Adrienne Mong on MSNBC (
"Unplugged in Urumqi"). It was a fun interview and I was pleasantly surprised by the link which I was never promised.
If this is the first time you've seen this blog or if you're a relatively new reader, let me give you a brief rundown of this site. First of all, my name is Josh Summers and I'm addicted to Xinjiang. I lived there for over 3 1/2 years with my wife as English teachers and I've traveled all throughout the province (for more, read the
about me page).
FarWestChina is my attempt to share the passion I have for this province in a way that not only entertains but also seeks to bridge the gap of understanding that exists between Xinjiang and the rest of the world. I usually shy away from the sensitive, political topics or at least attempt to share them in an unbiased fashion.
A Quick Tour
Most people who come to this site are looking for one of a few things:
- Information about Xinjiang's Internet situation - What's available and when is it supposed to open up
- Questions about living or traveling to Xinjiang - why I think it's better here than in Beijing
- They just want to see exotic pictures or crazy videos of the region - I don't blame you, it's beautiful.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Enjoy looking around and feel free to
drop me a line.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Guidelines:
*Comments that do not abide by these guidelines will be deleted*