Monday, November 30, 2009
Xinjiang Too Fat, Coke Introduces "Diet"
About 6 months ago, back in the days when I could access the internet here in Xinjiang and certain websites weren’t blocked, I mentioned on Twitter that Coke just opened a new bottling plant in Xinjiang. At the time I didn’t really think much of this announcement and had doubts whether I would even notice any change, but I was wrong.
All of the sudden, my beverage choice at the local store has multiplied. No longer are my choices limited to just Pepsi or Coke, now I have the option of drinking Coke Zero or Diet Coke, the first "diet" drinks to hit our shelves. Also added to the mix is Vanilla Coke, personally a more welcome alternative.
Of course, all of this would be irrelevant to me if Dr. Pepper would just invest some money in China. What’s the holdup, guys?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Guidelines:
*Comments that do not abide by these guidelines will be deleted*