My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.farwestchina.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Xinjiang: Headline Roundup

This week has been a most interesting week here in China thanks to the ever-evolving Great Firewall.  For those unfamiliar with the term, "Great Firewall" refers to the censorship that occurs for those trying to access certain sites within China.  This week, for the first time since I arrived here 3 years ago, Google was blocked - effectively cutting my ties to this blog as well as email.  While this and other computer frustrations have kept me from updating the blog more than once this week, it has also pushed me to finally decide to purchase a simple bridge to take me over the Great Firewall.

Since I haven't been able to update much I thought I'd point out a few other articles I've read this week that I highly recommend:


2 Comments:

cupritte said...

Yeah. Not being able to get to e-mail for a bit was obnoxious. It was odd to be able to go on Facebook or navigate around some of it using things like Baidu, but still. Nice to see your blog pop back up. I'm not getting any sort of bridge anytime soon, so I'm e-mailing my blog from now on to be posted from the states. Here's hoping I can read your blog again in a few days!

Recent undefined:=-

cupritte said...

Yeah. Not being able to get to e-mail for a bit was obnoxious. It was odd to be able to go on Facebook or navigate around some of it using things like Baidu, but still. Nice to see your blog pop back up. I'm not getting any sort of bridge anytime soon, so I'm e-mailing my blog from now on to be posted from the states. Here's hoping I can read your blog again in a few days!

Recent undefined:=-

Post a Comment

Comment Guidelines:

  1. No profane or inappropriate language
  2. Links are allowed if pertaining to the subject at hand
  3. Links must be accompanied by a relevant comment

*Comments that do not abide by these guidelines will be deleted*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin