nothing too unusual - and the weather has actually stayed at a comfortable temperature. We have recently bought the first two seasons of Remington Steele (eat your hearts out moms!) and have enjoyed a nightly episode in place of a much more time-consuming movie. Our friendships with various people here are developing very nicely, our Chinese is improving on a weekly basis, and we can now perform a 5 minute Tai Chi demonstration from the classes we've begun to take. Wow!Try doing this for a second: imagine that the only thing you knew about any country was derived from mass-media news sources. Rwanda is plagued by the remains and cleanup of genocide, Iraq is the most dangerous place to live, Taiwanese people are protesting a corrupt leader (and his wife), etc. Is that all you know about these country? Likewise, if I didn't know anything more than what I read in the news on a daily basis right now, my view of America would be quite twisted. As I read one article after another about America I get depressed by the moral depravity, violence, and civil war-like bickering that seems to fill every news release. I realize we've only been gone for 3 months, yet from what I read it seems as though the place I call home has changed dramatically. My point is this: don't judge a country entirely by its news, for actions of kindness, peace, and love rarely make the news. I believe this both of America and also my new temporary home.
We may be enjoying this new temporary home, but we still miss all of you and think of you often. Please keep in touch and let us know all of the fun and exciting things that are going on in your area. Oh, and Go Geneva Golden Tornadoes!!









6 Comments:
Thank you for my moments of fame here on your blog. :) We are now (I'm pretty sure) second in the conference...although the website still has us in first, haha. Anyways, I didn't know that you guys were taking tai chi classes...Actually, i don't even know what that is, but it sounds interesting. You'll have to send us a video of it or something, haha. oh, and what exactly is it that you get a skewed view on about America? I'm curious what you read and how it makes you think differently. I love you both!
just testing to see if this comes through. I have tried twice with Josh's instructions and it hasn't worked.
Ahh-you have to decipher the word! That was the trick. Sorry. I am trying hard not to be anonymous anymore. Thanks Josh for the instruction.
Your letter today was very well stated.
Pat Bond turned us on to the Monk series. It is a tv series now on video. Monk is a funny, smart, obsessive, compulsive detective. Check em out if you can get em.
Love you both.
oops that was me above trying not to be anoymous and i forgot to type my name. I was so busy deciphering the letters.
pierce brosnan is so hot . . . .
Robert, I wish I could express to you how much I've been trying to convince Tiff of that very obvious fact...
Post a Comment
Comment Guidelines:
*Comments that do not abide by these guidelines will be deleted*